Pages

5.11.2011

WW: Mother's Day

In my previous post, I referred to getting a visit with my friend.  A visit with old friends is a good thing.  It was like we just picked up where we left off.

-Small Fry arguing the correct word for what you wear under your clothes is: "KNICKERS".  "UNDERWEAR!"  "KNICKERS!"  "UNDERWEAR!"  with a look on his face of pure delight as his sister fumed.  Then shortly later, the car is filled with a greasy stank.  He inhales deeply and asks,"Do you smell that?" We need to think about getting a bigger vehicle.
-We arrived at our destination at the exact same time as our friends.
-They are all central time zone people and I am a NOT night person who lives in the eastern time zone.  I went to bed at 3:00a.m. my time both nights.  I was so tired I was nearly sick.  It was completely worth it.
-My girls hung out with their friends.  Good friends.  Friends they need to see more often.  We were there no more than an hour when I noticed the "frenzy on the inside" was missing.
-The Lord spoke to us this weekend.  Collectively.  So crazy.  Not in an audible voice, but while we visited and worked side by side, we kept finding we were of one mind.  Funny, that, since the other two families are embarking on a highly unusual partnership.  Mr S. and I just thought we were there to be nosy.  But we are drawn...welcomed.  Wait, what?  They felt it, too.
-It was so good to have a sister nearby who stood alongside and helped me set my feet on the ground.
She said what God said, "Be free".
-There was a lot of bacon involved.  There was just a lot of food.
-We met new people.  Some of them are already those we'd call again.
-The Lord may have even whispered a little message about the blog.
-Even now that we are home there is an echo that doesn't seem to be fading away.
-I hope.

Sorry buddy, it's Mother's Day, I am picking the photos that I look better in.



Well, scratch that. 



And again.

We didn't earn and don't deserve the grace poured over us this weekend.



I am linking up with Wordful Wednesday at Parenting by Dummies and Seven Clown Circus.






9 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

SO fun! I remember those days, when I was younger, of visiting with "night owl" friends and forcing myself to stay up late to catch up. I was SO tired but also revved up with all the excitement!

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day! Di you say something about bacon?!

Unknown said...

Love the photos! :) There is one where you look good and 2 where you look better. (I'll let you figure out which are which.) Happy Wednesday After Mother's Day!

Renee said...

It's always inspiring when you notice God's work!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awww! I love this! Sounds like a wonderful time - with many blessings! :)

WW: Alligator Fun

Jennifer said...

But you DO deserve it. You really do.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a truly joyful experience...priceless.

Jessica said...

Great post, sounds like you are surrounded by love.

Of Pandas and Pirates said...

Happy (belated) Mother's Day! Thanks for stopping by today!