Pages

11.22.2011

Part Two: Attention to the Craving

I have tried both, and I have decided that it is nicer to post the links...  I like looking at the other blog.  I like the restful color.

I know you don't have a lot of time to read several pages.  However, there may be strong last minute advice on the glory of the starches , revisionist history, last minute pilgrimage, and the flavor of true gratitude.

The rest of that blog is almost the same musing out loud about how to maintain a proper attitude in the face of circumstances that seem unfair (but I guess aren't.  Everybody has 'stuff'.)

I just finished reminding teenagers that we don't need dollars to be thankful, do our schoolwork, or take care of our home.  We don't need dollars to have a good time or be a good friend.  We don't need to have dollars to feel loved.

I am writing it down so I will remember, too.

3 comments:

Carrie - ASassyRedhead.com said...

Well, not only teenagers need that little reminder.

It's true. And it's odd how this time of the year is when I need that reminding the most.

Jen said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Maggie!
Great reminder to all of us!

Maren said...

I think that's a great attitude. A lot of good things are free.