Pages

4.14.2011

What Will I Be?

If you subscribe or follow any bloggers groups...like SITS or Blog Her or I-don't-know-what-else, the questions are out there, right now:  Have you been to a blogging conference?  Are you going to a blogging conference?  Which one?  What kind? How Many? Whose?

I would like to attend one.  The blog has become a thing.  But it is tangled up in the fence.

I love to crack wise.  When I was 10, I wanted to do Andy Rooney's job. Yes, he has been doing the exact same thing all this time.  Yes, there may be people reading this blog who weren't even born yet.

I thirst to share the truth with those whom life has bumped like a Dodgem car (Is there a worse carnival ride?).  I hunger to deal the truth with people who feel that truth bearers have let them down or held back the best parts for themselves.

These drives don't seem compatible.

When I opened up my Y*hoo mail this morning's headlines were these:

 [Nearby Town] library expansion eyed

How exciting!  My husband's firm gets a shout out on the front page!!!  But I have no time to enjoy it because the next headline is: 

Racist sign across from [Area] School sparks outrage

Yes.  You read it right.  This is a headline in 2011.   The sign actually used the 'n' word, and the comments on the story actually defended the creator of the sign.  In 2011. Which was, Ironically followed by this one:

Annual [State] prayer breakfast is Thursday

Really? Just who, exactly is going to be praying?  And for what?  Mercy, I hope.

This is not okay.  Yet here I am.  With this blog.  And the truth. I really don't know what I am supposed to do. Or I do, and I don't want to think about it.  I might throw up.  I am not brave enough.










4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are SO brave enough. And you have one of the three best reasons ever to be brave enough.

Sara said...

I want to go to a blog conference too. But I don't know which one and it makes me nervous. My blog is a "thing" too, I'm just not sure what kind of "thing". The middle headline is disgusting and disturbing.

You ARE brave....

Connie said...

My advise to you...is to be yourself.

Blogging is so personal that if you aren't true to you,...it's not worth doing.

Unknown said...

No one ever said that living by faith was easy right? I hope you always stay true to you and voice your opinion and feelings. It's why I love coming here. Thanks for sharing Maggie.