After that downer Label post, I thought I would have a little fun...
TOP TEN THINGS I WOULD DO IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO WORK
1) We were created for work, so I would more than likely create a schedule of productive activities; like visiting people in the nursing home who don't get visitors, attending community events planned to 'raise awareness' and volunteering at the animal shelter and the botanical garden.
2) I would dress my dogs up in clothes and enter their photos in contests.
3) I would travel. Near and far, to historically significant places and cool vacation destinations. I would not let my husband plan these trips, as he inherited the "kill-your-family-with-extra-time-in-the-car-for-side-trips-only-you-are-interested-in" gene from his dad. He remembers, but makes no connection.
4) I would renovate my house. I assume if I don't need to work, what we are really saying is money has suddenly become no object. I would hired skilled professionals to quickly and expertly complete the task. I would add a room on the back upstairs, replace the fence, get the exterior painted, move the laundry downstairs, move the half bath and turn the existing half bath into a hallway/butler's pantry, close up the living room where the stairwell is, and have the obnoxious wallpaper in the dining room done away with. It goes without saying that I would have the upstairs bath completely re-done and the downstairs woodwork restored. Then with my newly large and functional home....
5) I would have people over all the time. And feed them.
6) On second thought, I might sell this house and move to the country, get some chickens and goats, and plant a garden.
7) I would start a book club and a writer's group.
8) I would start working on my competition chili.
9) I would get my haircut regularly and take better care of my appearance because who has time for that now.
10) I would create very exceptionally good holiday celebrations for my family and friends. I might put my house on the neighborhood Christmas Home Tour.
I love this post, because it doesn't have to wait until I don't have to work. I just have to have a slower schedule. Thanks, Mama Kat for prompt #4.
I am linking with Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.