Pages

11.19.2011

Ooooh, My Goodness

Even under my blah, yucky, gray cloud, my friends are so good to me.

Before my whiny rant yesterday, I had gone to a meeting with friends.  Everyone was going out afterwards.  I was headed home, but, like true friends, they backed me into a corner and made me admit that I had no money and no prospects and insisted on overfeeding me and laughing at all my jokes.  They let me be awkward and call me awkward.  And still take me to O'Charley's for delicious.

This morning I found out that we will get a free ticket for Marcus to get in the Fantasy of Trees this year.

I haven't been responding properly to comments for a week or two, nevertheless, my blog friends have been showering me with encouragement.


Melissa @ A Wide Line has honored me, not once, but twice this week.  She made me her F-R-R-R-IDAY REFERRAL this week.  And earlier in the week, she honored me with:

 

 This little pass-along award is for blogs you love with less than 200 followers and pass it to five other blogs.  I totally qualify.  And I am so blessed to receive it from Melissa.  If you haven't been to her blog yet, it is gorgeous and she has a beautiful almost poetic voice to express her love for her family.  I especially love QWA...Quinn's Weekend Adventures.  Thank you so much, Melissa for both of these honors.

I am passing to:
and

All of these girls bless me.  Funny, sincere, faithful, honest, and new.  So head on around and bless them with some traffic.

Thanks to Melissa and all my friends who've encouraged me this week!

4 comments:

Carrie - ASassyRedhead.com said...

Oh. My. God.

I don't know what to say. I don't really want to publicly admit you just made me tear up and crinkle my face up a bit...but you did.

I am honored.

Not because you listed me (though I am SO flattered)...but because you let me into your life and you let me see there are others like me out there who question life and struggle.

You make me see...I'm not at this party all by myself. I have people who chat with me, laugh with me and love me.

No matter how far.

You, my friend...are a serious heart-toucher.

Sheer love.

Joanna said...

Aww, thanks!

And for the record I know you're not in dumps all the time. You're taking a pounding and no idea what to do. I get it, I've been there, you don't have to explain. I am not a 'the sun'll come out tomorrow' type of gal. I'm more like we're all doomed! so kiss yer keester good-bye!! With drama like that it's no wonder I lost all my friends through my downers. You are nothing like that and I'm glad to see you are blessed with people who will stand by your side.

Jennifer said...

I love to see the people I love loving on one another.

Jen said...

You are so sweet, Maggie. Thank you for passing on the award.
I hope your "blah, yucky, gray cloud" goes away soon :)