Pages

4.29.2011

Thank God It's...

Friday.

I am so beyond thrilled to be picked for Show Us Your Awesome @ Momma Made it Look Easy.  Thanks, Jennifer!  If you have never been there, Go! Now!  Jennifer blesses me every time I go there.

Today is an historic day.  I heard someone say, " I think people will always remember where they watched William and Kate get married."  Or something long those lines.

I wonder if a lot of people won't because they will think, "Some historic thing went on in some other country right around the time I lost...
A.) my home."
B.) my family."
C.) everything important to me."

I was tempted to think of this as, "the day after Small Fry's surgery." I wasn't planning to watch; I was captivated from the moment the tv flashed on.  The very first image we saw was that of a lone Kate gliding down the aisle.

I caught my breath.

Everything changes.

In this moment.

No longer who she once was;

not yet all she would become.

Loved and supported by a 'great cloud of witnesses,'

She could but walk alone.

Her bridegroom awaits.

To identify with her.

Is anyone seeing this?

I'm still not breathing.

WE are the bride.

In every wedding.

Meant to show this.

One day to place our hand in that of the King.

To take the title and position for which He has prepared us.

In glory.

In honor.

In power and authority.

In love.

Found worthy.

Made perfect.

Finally United.


And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,
So your God will rejoice over you.
Isaiah 62:5b


I am sharing my awe with Jennifer @ Momma Made It Look Easy






 









5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Amazing! I love it. I never, ever want to hear again that you don't think you are a writer.

Paulette said...

Do you know I've looked at this post countless times and forgot to post a comment!

Anyways....

That was beautiful and well put together.

I thought about the disastrous weather week it has been and all the other things that are going on around us other than Prince William and Kate.

Then in the end, I was all like that is what it's all about. Life continues on. Even if bad things are going on around us, these good things/moments keep shining through.

Heather said...

Oh I so loved the weddng. My 4 year old requesed to watch it again tonight.

Beautifully written.

visiting from MMILE

Jennifer said...

I think this is beautiful. And I think that is one of the hardest lessons in life.. that life goes on. I remember after my grandmother (whom I was very close to) died, being almost angry that the sun came out and people were going about their lives as if MY world had not just crumbled. Humbling.

Shell said...

Love the way you described that in between time!