Pages

2.22.2011

Argh...Is That How You Spell It?

...Life has become...how shall I say?  Hmm.  Let's let pain in the neck suffice for now.

First of all.  Twitter.  I get what is going on over there, but what is it really?  And, oh, I don't have the cellular phone for it. Anyway.

Second, How come I hear that the economy is bad and money is hard to come by. But when money is hard to come by for us, we get treated like we are up by the pool eating exotic fruit and having my nails done by someone else.  Like we really have it, but we are just investing it in some other more entertaining endeavor.  I think I need to contribute to the household income, but a doula job puts me out of commission for a couple of days afterward.   I have tried reducing expenses, but I am alone in that.

And another thing.  I already went through Middle School, and I don't want to go back.  I don't think it's a good idea for parents to get too involve in their kids everyday friendships.  It's just weird.  But so help me God.  I am sick to death of these kids my girls want to hang out with.  They look like the "in crowd".  But for my life, I can't communicate to my girls that these kids are not worth their time.

Fourth and by no means less important, I am a W*ight W*tchers lifetime member.  I know how to track (hate it so much; I don't eat so I won't have to write it down).  I know about emotional triggers and not setting myself up by having the wrong foods around the house.  I AM HUNGRY ALL THE TIME.  Like I have a tape worm.

Finally, maybe.  It looks like their is some crazy stuff going on in the news today.  But I don't have time to sit down and find out what is going on. Is there any of this I need to know?  Maybe if I had a better phone I could get on Twitter.





5 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I don't quite know the twitter attraction either, I have an account, but I feel like a poser trying to use it. I don't have a smart phone either.
2. My sister is 12, 15 years younger than me, and hearing all of her stories about her friends and school makes me sooo glad I don't have to deal with all that crapola.
3. I wish I had enough will power to starve myself, or an actual tape worm. Dang, how I need to lose weight.

Jennifer said...

I don't get Twitter either. I just jump on and off as fast as I can. I feel like someone trying to break into the cool kids club.

And I'm loving this design. It is way easier to read.

Maggie S. said...

I find it interesting how similar your thoughts on Twitter are.

Jennifer@MommaMadeItLookEasy -- Thanks on the design. I am working on a header photo.

Kmama said...

I'm so with you on the Tape Worm thing. However, I eat both because I'm hungry and just because. So I'm constantly eating. And overeating. Ugh.

Patricia said...

I don't get twitter either. Are you supposed to actually have a conversation on ir? I agree with you about their schoolfriends. I'm trying to explain to my daughter that her friend is a princess but in such a way as to get her to realize my meaning without actually putting the kid down. Sometimes you just gotta let them go through it as hard as it is.

Thanks so much for stopping by my site!